(5-months with possible extension)
Snap Finger Click is a developer and publisher of social games on all major platforms, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia. We're based on Brighton's seafront in the UK, and the majority of our team consists of the people who were originally behind the BAFTA-winning Buzz! quiz games. Our focus is on building games that people can play with friends in the living room and on streaming platforms such as Twitch and YouTube. As a team, we closely work together on building the next generation of great social experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for an experienced and dedicated Network Engineer to join our small team of experienced developers. As a Network Engineer at Snap Finger Click, you’ll be working on the development of a real-time multiplayer network gaming experience for a new multiplatform console title.
This is a role for a contract position lasting 5 months based in our studio in Brighton, UK. Remote working is available as an option.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Design and implementation of quality code for real-time multiplayer gameplay across multiple console platforms
• Take full ownership of network features including prototyping, architecture, profiling and maintenance
• Work together with other Engineers to ensure consistency across the project
• Contribution and participation in technical decisions for the tools and technology required
• Ensure scalability, reliability and maintainability of code for all platforms
• Strong programming skills (C# and C++)
• Strong Unity experience
• Experience developing and shipping games for console and/or mobile
• Server-side programming experience, with knowledge of related principles - such as load balancing, latency minimisation, security, etc.
• Client-side experience, with knowledge of low-level networking technologies such as sockets and UDP/TCP
• Familiarity with REST-style web API’s and endpoints
• Solid maths skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Capability to implement quality solutions to deadline
• Hunger for learning and knowledge, including sharing with others
• A passion for making games for people to play together
• Experience building real-time multiplayer network features on multiple shipped games
• Experience working with multiple console platforms
• Understanding of server and backend services
• Experience creating cross-platform online multiplayer gameplay
• Be part of a talented and friendly team
• Work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
• Work in a great location on Brighton’s sunny seafront - you can see the sea from your desk!
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Generous holiday allowance
• Parenting friendly, we can work around your parenting routine
• Regular team lunches
• Free tea, coffee & biscuits!
• Flexible working conditions with working remotely or part-remotely an option
At Snap Finger Click we strongly believe in having a fun and collaborative environment, where people are listened to, trusted, and where creating a game is more than ticking off tasks from a list. You will have the opportunity to get involved in areas of game development that not every company would allow you.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email we’d like you to:
• Mention the role that you're applying for
• Describe why you think you’re most suitable for this role
• Include your CV and/or link to your LinkedIn profile
• Link to examples of your network code