Senior 3D Artist
Snap Finger Click is a developer and publisher of social games on all major platforms, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia. We're based on Brighton's seafront in the UK, and the majority of our team consists of the people who were originally behind the BAFTA-winning Buzz! quiz games. Our focus is on building games that people can play with friends in the living room and on streaming platforms such as Twitch and YouTube. As a team, we closely work together on building the next generation of great social experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a talented and dedicated Senior 3D Artist to join our small team of experienced developers. As a Senior 3D Artist at Snap Finger Click, you’ll mostly be using Maya to build beautiful 3D environments and character art for a brand new multiplatform console title. You’ll oversee the creation of outsourced artwork, and collaborate with the design and programming teams to build a high-quality original title.
We offer a permanent contract, salary based on experience, flexible working conditions, a friendly and collaborative work environment, and other great benefits.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Ownership of the art for a new multiplatform console game ensuring every visual aspect is beautiful, high-quality and consistent across the project
• Creation of 3D environments, characters and props
• Managing outsourced artwork to external companies and freelancers
• Involvement in different areas of the game visuals such as UI and lighting
• Working together with other disciplines such as programmers and designers to bring concepts and ideas to life
• Generalist 3D art skills with a strong background in environment and character art
• Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
• Strong skills in Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush and Substance Painter
• Unity experience
• Familiarity with rigging and animating
• Solid understanding of pipelines and techniques
• High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to adhere to existing brand styles
• Knowledge of visual trends across all forms of entertainment, including beyond games
• A passion for making games for people to play together
• 5+ years making art for several games
• Experience with 3ds Max and After Effects
• Knowledge of MEL and/or MAX Script
• Great concept art and storyboarding skills
• Experience in other areas of art production such as VFX, 2D, etc.
• Experience leading or mentoring a team
• Experience successfully liaising with art outsourcing companies and/or external freelancers
• Be part of a talented and friendly team
• Work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
• Work in a great location on Brighton’s sunny seafront - you can see the sea from your desk!
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Generous holiday allowance
• Pension scheme
• Parental leave
• Parenting friendly, we can work around your parenting routine
• Regular team lunches
• Free tea, coffee & biscuits!
• Flexible working conditions with working remotely or part-remotely an option
At Snap Finger Click we strongly believe in having a fun and collaborative environment, where people are listened to, trusted, and where creating a game is more than ticking off tasks from a list. You will have the opportunity to get involved in areas of game development that not every company would allow you.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email us at email@example.com. In your email we’d like you to:
• Mention the role that you're applying for
• Describe why you think you’re most suitable for this role
• Include your CV and/or link to your LinkedIn profile
• Link to your portfolio