Snap Finger Click is a developer and publisher of social games on all major platforms, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia. We're based on Brighton's seafront in the UK, and the majority of our team consists of the people who were originally behind the BAFTA-winning Buzz! quiz games. Our focus is on building games that people can play with friends in the living room and on streaming platforms such as Twitch and YouTube. As a team, we closely work together on building the next generation of great social experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a talented and dedicated Senior Engineer to join our small team of experienced developers. As a Senior Engineer at Snap Finger Click, you’ll be working on the development and the technical design of a new multiplatform console title.
This is a role for a permanent position in our studio in Brighton, UK. Remote working is available as an option.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Design and implementation of quality game code
• Work together with other disciplines such as artists and designers to bring concepts and ideas to life
• Contribution to the technical design of individual games and participation in technical decisions for the tools and technology used by the game team
• Ensure scalability, reliability and maintainability of game code for all platforms
• Involvement in different parts of the game code, such as game logic, external APIs, UI/UX, AI, graphics, etc.
• Ownership of implemented game features as well as participation in the technical design of those features
• Strong programming skills (C# and C++)
• Strong Unity experience
• Experience developing and shipping games for console and/or mobile
• Experience across different domains, e.g. graphics, gameplay, UI
• Solid maths skills
• A natural feeling for, and understanding of, gameplay mechanics
• Capability to implement quality solutions to deadline
• Hunger for learning and knowledge, including sharing with others
• A passion for making games for people to play together
• 5+ years programming several games
• Experience working with multiple console platforms
• Understanding of the certification process for console development
• Be part of a talented and friendly team
• Work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
• Work in a great location on Brighton’s sunny seafront - you can see the sea from your desk!
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Generous holiday allowance
• Pension scheme
• Parental leave
• Parenting friendly, we can work around your parenting routine
• Regular team lunches
• Free tea, coffee & biscuits!
• Flexible working conditions with working remotely or part-remotely an option
At Snap Finger Click we strongly believe in having a fun and collaborative environment, where people are listened to, trusted, and where creating a game is more than ticking off tasks from a list. You will have the opportunity to get involved in areas of game development that not every company would allow you.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email we’d like you to:
• Mention the role that you're applying for
• Describe why you think you’re most suitable for this role
• Include your CV and/or link to your LinkedIn profile
• Link to examples of your code